>> News > back to news
COMMUNIQUE OF THE FULL COUNCIL/AGM OF NIGERIA CRICKET FEDERATION HELD IN ABUJA ON SEPTEMBER 18, 2010 | (2010-09-20 )
NIGERIA CRICKET FEDERATION
A Full Council /AGM of the Nigeria Cricket Federation was held on Saturday, September 18, 2010 at the Boardroom of Package B, National Stadium, FCT, Abuja.
The meeting was chaired by the NCF President, Mr. Kwesi Sagoe, attended by Board members, delegates from Cricket playing States and some observers.
Activity reports and programmes from various states, detailing their achievements and challenges were discussed. At the end of the deliberations, the AGM:
· Ratified the appointment of a full–time General Manager/COO in the person of Mr. George Wiltshire who will be in charge of the day to day running of the Federation and report to the Board.
· Approved the Audited Accounts for the year ended 31st, December 2009.
· Commended the Under-19 team, for winning the CWCQ Under-19 Division 2 and gaining promotion to Division I and also for retaining a place in Division I.
· Commended the Federation for holding three Cricket Administration Programme (CAP) Modules and for being the only Federation in Africa that has executed the CAP 2010 Modules.
· Resolved that the Zonal Co-ordinators should be more effective in the discharge of their duties and that the GM/COO monitors them effectively henceforth.
· Commended the Federation for holding the Inaugural National Women's Cricket Championship in the country.
· Directed the Technical Committee to put modalities in motion for the organization of the NWA All-Rounder Academy and the hosting of the ICC NWA U15 tournament in the last Quarter of 2010.
· Resolved that the process for the appointment of the National Development Manager be completed within the shortest possible time.
· Resolved to adopt a standardized reporting format for the State Associations to ease database updates.
· Resolved that a database for Players, Umpires, Coaches and Administrators should be compiled by all States.
· Noted that the Senior National Cricket Team is still ranked 6th in Africa and 39th in the World and the U19 team is now ranked 7th in Africa.
Dated 18th September 2010
Mr. Kwesi Sagoe Mr. Patrick Okeke President Secretary- General